Melissa Brown ABR, SFR
Welcome to my South Charlotte Lifestyle Blog! I have strived to make this site all about YOU, allowing you to search South Charlotte Homes for Sale, gather information on the South Charlotte NC area, apply for a mortgage, understand trends and forecasts in our local real estate market, and much MORE!
I am a full-time South Charlotte Realtor®, and it is my goal to become your trusted real estate advisor for life, guiding you through the process of buying or selling your South Charlotte home. From first-time home buyers to retirees looking to down-size, I provide unparalleled customer service and attention, and work as your partner, no matter where you are on your real estate journey. My business motto is the Golden Rule, pure and simple! You will find that I don’t stop working until you are completely satisfied, and this means listening to your needs and wants, providing thorough market research and data to guide your purchase or sales decisions, negotiating firmly but respectfully on your behalf, and taking care of all those stressful details that are often found in a real estate transaction. I embrace new technology, and utilize the power of the Internet and SEO blogging to enhance my marketing program for my clients.
Education, Family and Interests
I am a native North Carolinian! I graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill(Go Tarheels!), and obtained a Masters degree from the George Washington University in Washington DC. After a 20-year stint in our Nationʼs capital working in Government Relations for medical education, I convinced my husband Pat, to move back to my home state in 1998. Weʼve called Charlotte our home for the past 15 years, and I canʼt think of anywhere else Iʼd rather live! Charlotteʼs got something for everyone – a temperate climate, a growing economy, two professional sports teams (Go Panthers!), a thriving arts and entertainment culture, and close proximity to the NC mountains and beaches. My three children have kept me busy over the years! Casey is a graduate of Providence High School and UNC Chapel Hill and now works for Facebook. Ben graduated from Providence High School, and UNC Chapel Hill works for the Washington Nationals. Patrick is a recent graduate of Providence High School. He is a sophomore at UNC Charlotte!
I am an avid sports fan, and can hold my own in discussions on football (particularly Panther football!), baseball, basketball, golf and tennis! In my spare time, I enjoy blogging, reading, photography, and playing tennis in the Queen City Tennis League.
Please call me to discuss your South Charlotte real estate needs. I will listen to your dreams and desires, whether buying or selling, and together, we will make them a reality!
Areas of Expertise
- Successful South Charlotte Listing Agent with Extensive 21-Point Marketing Plan
- Luxury Homes
- Estate Homes
- First-time Home buyers
- Relocation to and from Charlotte, NC
- New Construction
- Investment Properties
- Retirement and downsizing
- Extensive Charlotte Public School Knowledge
- Areas of Expertise and Experience include all of South Charlotte, the Arboretum area (Providence High School), Ballantyne (Ardrey Kell High School), Myers Park, Dilworth, Southpark, Union County (Weddington, Marvin, and Waxhaw), and Upper Lancaster County (Indian Land) and York County, SC (Fort Mill, Sun City, and Lake Wylie).
South Charlotte Listing Agent
When you list your South Charlotte home for sale, you want the confidence of working with a full-service, full-time REALTOR®. I provide provide unparalleled service to all of my seller clients. You can expect a detailed comparative market analysis (CMA) and absorption rate analysis to help you understand the current real estate market in your neighborhood, staging ideas to help your listing stand out among the competition, high-quality photographs and virtual tours showcasing your home and neighborhood’s attributes, extensive Internet marketing and SEO blogging to ensure that your home is SEEN by today’s buyers, timely follow-up with buyers and their agents viewing your home, and contract management from contract to closing. Selling a home in today’s challenging market is part art, part science. My goal is to help my South Charlotte home sellers sell their home at the highest price the market will bear in the shortest amount of time, so they can move on with their lives! I look forward to partnering with you to help you achieve YOUR real estate goals!
South Charlotte Buyer Agent
As an Accredited Buyer Agent (ABR) with advanced training, I recognize that buying a home is a serious financial investment for you and your family. In addition to introducing you to South Charlotte neighborhoods and areas which meet your specific search criteria, I will educate you in the home buying process and the new NC sales contract, preview and show homes that meet your needs, and present and negotiate offers, terms, inspections and repairs on your behalf. From contract to closing, I will manage all details including working with your mortgage lender, real estate attorney, contractors, etc. to ensure that your interests are protected and that the deal is closed! I will take care of all the details so that your transaction is as smooth and stress-free as possible. My goal is to become your trusted South Charlotte Real Estate Advisor for Life!
Accreditations and Memberships
- REALTOR®, Broker
- Licensed in NC and SC
- Top sales agent, Helen Adams Realty Ballantyne Office, 2012,2013
- Multi-Million Dollar Sales Producer, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Accredited Buyers Representative (ABR) Designation
- Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource (SFR) Certified
- Quality Service Certified (QSC)
- Relocation Specialist
- Member, Charlotte Regional Realtors Association
- Member, NC Association of Realtors
- Member, Carolina Multiple Listing Service
- Member, Piedmont Multiple Listing Service
When you choose me to partner with you in listing your South Charlotte home for sale, you can count on unparalleled professional service! This is YOUR journey, and I am here to guide and counsel you every step of the way. I believe what sets me apart from other Realtors is my can-do attitude and my exceptional technology and marketing skills that really help get your home SOLD!
When I entered the real estate profession in 2007, I had no idea that the real estate market would take such a drastic turn. However, since I’ve never experienced an “easy” real estate market, I have honed my skills and learned how to succeed and excel in one of the toughest markets Charlotte has ever endured. I would like to put that experience and expertise to work for YOU in selling your South Charlotte NC home.
What to Expect When Listing Your South Charlotte Home for Sale
- We will sign the Exclusive Right to Sell Listing Agreement, which establishes an agency relationship between you and Helen Adams Realty for the marketing and sale of your home. This contract outlines the firm’s fees, the listing price, listing period, firm and seller duties, and authorization of dual agency.
- I will help you fill out other required legal documents, including the NC Residential Property Disclosure Statement, the Owners’ Association Disclosure and Addendum, and if applicable, the Short Sale Addendum and Lead-Based Paint Addendum.
- I will provide you with a comprehensive comparative market analysis (CMA) of your home’s current market value, based on recent sales in your neighborhood, and an absorption rate analysis which will help you determine your odds of selling your South Charlotte home.
- I will offer staging suggestions for your home, so that your home for sale will appeal to the broadest possible pool of buyers.
- Using professional-quality equipment, I will take incredible photos of your home, yard, neighborhood, and area. Top-quality photos are essential in selling your South Charlotte hometo today’s Internet-savvy buyers.
- Your home will be featured in an amazing YouTube video that will be broadcast widely across the Internet.
- I will write descriptive blogs about your home and neighborhood, using effective search engine optimization (SEO) techniques that will make your home rise on the search engines and attract more buyers.
- Your home will have its own website! This site will contain additional information about your home (survey, floor plan, HOA information, etc.)
- The Savvy + Company Real Estate marketing department’s graphic designers will create eye-catching brochures and e-flyers for widespread distribution.
- Throughout the listing period, I will keep you updated on where your listing stands in your market. If adjustments are needed, I will provide you with the information necessary to make those decisions.
- Once an offer is received on your home, I will negotiate on your behalf to obtain the highest price and best terms possible
- During the contract period prior to closing, I will manage the home inspection process and coordinate any buyer-requested repairs, work with the attorneys closing the transaction, and make sure that the closing documents are accurate.
South Charlotte Real Estate Expert
I’m a South Charlotte Realtor® – I live and work here, and it would be my pleasure to work with you to list your Charlotte home for sale. If you are thinking about selling your South Charlotte home, I would love to share my 21-point marketing plan that combines new technology with good old hard work! I know this area very well, and can sell that South Charlotte lifestyle, neighborhoods and schools. If you’re looking to buy a home in South Charlotte, please contact me so we can talk about finding the best home and neighborhood for YOU!
Come have a chat with me at my Helen Adams Realty office in the heart of Ballantyne, in Ballantyne Commons East. I look forward to meeting you!Melissa Brown, Broker/Realtor® 704-654-9700 (cell) Melissa@MelissaBrownHomes.com Helen Adams Realty 15235-J John J Delaney Blvd Charlotte, NC 28277