The Southpark area in South Charlotte NC is a bustling residential and commercial area that is centered around the prestigious Southpark Mall. The Southpark area is a highly sought-after place to call home because of its proximity to upscale shopping and entertainment venues and older, yet affordable homes on large mature lots. Because Southpark Mall has been named “one of the 4 best places in the South for luxury shopping,” the area attracts many businesses and tourists as well.
History of Southpark in South Charlotte NC
The Southpark area of South Charlotte was once a thriving 3,000 acre dairy farm, owned by NC Governor Cameron Morrison. The family home was the incredible Morrocroft Manor, a 14,000 square foot Tudor Revival home built in the 1920′s. Designed by renowned architect Harrie T. Lindeberg, the home still sits on its original site, although it is no longer owned by the Morrison family. Morrocroft Manor was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. This beautiful residence, surrounded by 16 lush acres, has been completely renovated by its current owner.
The Southpark area in South Charlotte NC is centered around Southpark Mall, located at the intersection of Fairview RD and Sharon Rd. Just 6 miles from Uptown Charlotte, the Southpark area is a popular area to buy a home because of its convenience and proximity to work, shopping, dining, entertainment and recreation. Homes for sale in Southpark area in South Charlotte NC extend to Providence RD to the east and Park RD to the west.
Things to Do in Southpark in South Charlotte NC
Southpark Mall is the hub of shopping, dining and entertainment in the Southpark area. This prestigious and upscale mall opened in 1970, and includes such luxury stores as Neiman Marcus, Tiffany’s, Nordstrom, Coach, Burberry and Louis Vuitton. Anchor stores include Belk, Dillards, Macy’s, as well as newcomers Crate and Barrel and Dick’s Sporting Goods. Other shopping areas in Southpark include upscale Phillip’s Place, with boutique stores and restaurants, The Villages at Southpark, Piedmont Row, Morrocroft Village and Sharon Corners. The business district of Southpark employs over 40,000 people, making it one of the largest business districts in Charlotte as well as in North Carolina.
You’ll find incredible restaurants in Southpark in South Charlotte, including The Palm, Ruth’s Chris, Cheesecake Factory, Maggiano’s, McCormick and Schmick, Roosters, PF Chang, and Taco Mac, to name just a few!
Enjoy summer concerts by the Charlotte Symphony Orchestra at Symphony Park at Southpark Mall. The Summer Pops series is a beloved summer activity by Charlotteans, especially the 4th of July concert. Another favorite Southpark activity is the annual Christmas Tree Lighting at Symphony Park, usually held on Thanksgiving day.
For more physical recreation, check out the popular Harris YMCA, located at 5900 Quail Hollow Rd. The Harris YMCA has activities for the whole family, young and old, including exercise classes and equipment, sports leagues, indoor and outdoor pool, and much more!
Living in Southpark in South Charlotte NC
The Southpark area offers so much for a wide variety of lifestyles. Home prices range from very affordable prices of under $200,000 to multi-million dollar luxury homes, so there’s much available to everyone. You’ll find older neighborhoods with ranch homes built in the 1970′s and 1980′s, mature trees, sidewalks, in-fill, and mixed-use developments with shopping, office space and residential spaces.
Want to check out the homes for sale in the Southpark area of South Charlotte NC? I’ve set up some convenient Southpark home searches below by neighborhood:
- Homes for sale in Barclay Downs in Southpark NC
- Homes for sale in Beverly Woods in Southpark NC
- Homes for sale in Mountainbrook in Southpark NC
- Homes for sale in Foxcroft and Foxcroft East in Southpark NC
- Homes for sale in Olde Georgetown in Southpark NC
- Homes for sale in Park Crossing in Southpark NC
- Luxury homes for sale in Giverny near Southpark NC
- Luxury homes for sale in gated Morrocroft Estates
- Luxury homes for sale in Quail Hollow
- Luxury homes for sale in Gleneagles in Southpark NC
- Luxury homes for sale in Heydon Hall
- Homes for sale in Deering Oaks in Southpark NC
- Homes for sale in Sharon Hills in Southpark NC
- Homes for sale in Sherbrooke in Southpark NC
- Homes for sale in Cameron Wood in Southpark NC
- Homes for sale in Sharon Woods in Southpark NC
Schools in the Southpark area of South Charlotte NC
Depending on where your Southpark neighborhood is located, these are the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools zoned for the Southpark area:
- Myers Park High School
- South Mecklenburg High School
- East Mecklenburg High School
- Alexander Graham Middle School
- Carmel Middle School
- Selwyn Elementary School
- Sharon Elementary School
- Beverly Woods Elementary School
- Olde Providence Elementary School
South Charlotte NC Climate
- Average June High Temp 90℉
- Average June Low Temp 67℉
- Average January High Temp 51℉
- Average January Low Temp 32℉
- Average annual rainfall 43.5”
- Average annual snowfall 5.2”
- Average precipitation days 112
- Average snowy days 2.7
Hospitals Serving the Southpark Area in South Charlotte NC
- Carolinas Medical Center – 1000 Blythe BLVD, Charlotte NC 28203
- Presbyterian Hospital – 200 Hawthorne LN, Charlotte, NC 28204
- Carolinas Medical Center – Mercy – 2001 Vail AVE 28207
Southpark NC Real Estate Specialist
Buying or selling real estate in Southpark in South Charlotte NC is really about lifestyle choices – finding the best neighborhood, home, school, and location to fit your family’s lifestyle. That’s why it’s important to partner with a Realtor® who really listens to your needs and goals and works tirelessly until you are completely satisfied. Whether you are thinking about selling your Southpark home, or would like to buy a home in Southpark or anywhere in South Charlotte NC, I look forward to showing you why I’m not your ordinary Realtor! I use cutting-edge technology to market my listings and to attract home buyers who want that South Charlotte lifestyle!
Let me put my knowledge and experience to work for YOU! For more information on how I can best serve you, please fill out the online contact form or call, text, or email me.Melissa Brown, ABR, SFR Helen Adams Realty 704-654-9700 Melissa@MelissaBrownHomes.com