Pre-Listing your Charlotte home for sale is a big deal! You will likely want to interview several Realtors® to find an agent who will:
- LISTEN to your needs and goals, and provide an effective and results-driven marketing plan
- Provide a compelling comparative market analysis (CMA) that details the real estate market in your Charlotte NC neighborhood
- Provide staging advice in preparing your home for sale
- Utilize professional quality photography
- Implement a comprehensive digital marketing campaign to make sure buyers SEE your home online
- Communicate with you regularly throughout the listing and contract period
- Negotiate strongly and respectfully on your behalf
- Work diligently and proactively to get your home SOLD!
Pre-Listing Your Charlotte Home for Sale – Free Consultation
Before I can provide an accurate CMA for your home, I prefer to set up a short pre-listing consultation in your home. During this meeting, we will get to know each other, and I will take a quick tour of your South Charlotte NC home for sale to learn about any upgrades or renovations you have completed, assess the market condition of your home and lot, provide some staging ideas, and give you a copy of my effective 21-point marketing plan and some background information on me and my highly respected and successful brokerage, Helen Adams Realty.
Your home is most likely your largest investment! If you want to obtain the highest possible sales price in today’s challenging real estate market, it is essential that you understand the sales process and what you can do to improve your odds of selling your home in a reasonable amount of time. Whether you’ve never sold a home before or you are a seasoned pro, please recognize that today’s market is vastly different from just a few years ago! It is my goal to provide you with all the necessary information and advice possible so that your South Charlotte NC home sale will be as stress-free as possible!
Pre-Listing Your Charlotte Home for Sale – Checklist!
- De-clutter your home and give it a thorough cleaning!
- Spruce up your curb appeal with fresh flowers, shrubbery and an inviting front entrance
- Mow your lawn, trim the bushes and edge your sidewalk/driveway
- Make any necessary repairs! I recommend that my sellers have a home pre-inspection to find any hidden problems BEFORE you are under contract and under a lot of stress
- Stage your home if necessary (I can provide you with staging ideas, or suggest names of professional stagers who work wonders!)
- Provide two sets of keys (front door and any other doors that buyers may use)
- Find a copy of your survey, deed, and title insurance policy, if available
- Provide copies of all permits obtained for work on your home, if possible
- Locate a copy of your HOA covenants and restrictions and/or rules and regulations
- Give me the name and contact information for your HOA president or property management company
- Provide the latest newsletter from your HOA, if available
- Collect any warranties for items on your property (roof, appliances, HVAC, etc.)
- Share a copy of any recent inspection reports (termite, roof, septic, well, etc.), if available
- Give me a copy of your floor plan, if available (from your builder’s plans or recent appraisal)
- Share a copy of your most recent appraisal, if you’ve had one
- Find photos of your home showing the different seasons, if you have them
- Give me list of items that DO NOT CONVEY with the property
- Provide a list of any improvements made to the property and the year in which you made them
- Write “Dear Home Buyer” letter, welcoming the buyer to your home and describing any special features and why you love your home and/or neighborhood.
South Charlotte Real Estate Expert
South Charlotte NC is definitely a popular destination for people moving into the area. You’ll find beautiful neighborhoods and a thriving shopping, dining and recreation scene. Some of Charlotte’s best public schools are located in South Charlotte!
I’m a South Charlotte Realtor® – I live and work here, and it would be my pleasure to work with you to list your Charlotte home for sale. If you are thinking about selling your South Charlotte home, I would love to share my 21-point marketing plan that combines new technology with good old hard work! If you’re looking to buy a home in South Charlotte, please contact me so we can talk about finding the best home and neighborhood for YOU!
Come have a chat with me at my Helen Adams Realty office in the heart of Ballantyne. I will help you understand the pre-listing process and tell you what to expect when your home is on the market. I look forward to hearing from you!Melissa Brown, Broker/Realtor® 704-654-9700 (cell) Melissa@MelissaBrownHomes.com Helen Adams Realty 15235-J John J Delaney DR Charlotte, NC 28277
Related Posts on Listing your Home for Sale