Showing your home in its best light is crucial – it’s SHOWTIME! Your South Charlotte NC home is now on the market and ready for interested buyers to come and take a look. After years of showing homes to buyers interested in South Charlotte NC homes for sale, I have found that buyers often make a decision on your home before they even enter your home, or just after they step inside the foyer. It is crucial to make a GREAT first impression that will evoke an emotional response from the buyers!
Showing Your Home for Sale – Great Curb Appeal
South Charlotte home buyers are looking for homes that have been well-maintained and look great, both inside and out! The exterior look of your home is often as important as the interior, so make sure to pay attention to the details – your buyers surely will! When showing your home, be sure to:
- Keep the lawn mowed, fertilized, edged and watered.
- Trim trees and shrubs, edge, weed and mulch flower beds.
- Keep driveway and sidewalks free of leaves, snow and debris.
- Check to make sure the exterior house paint looks fresh and is not in immediate need of repair, especially the front door.
- Remove all personal items, such as children’s toys, lawn equipment, trash cans.
- Inspect your roof to make sure no shingles are loose/missing.
- Make sure all door locks work easily and don’t get stuck.
- Check all exterior lighting and replace any burned-out light bulbs.
- Consider adding appealing planters with seasonal flowers at your front door.
Showing Your Home for Sale – Let the Interior Shine
- Clean your entire South Charlotte NC home so that it nearly sparkles!
- Check walls and clean any marks; a fresh coat of neutral paint doesn’t cost much but will return a lot.
- Clean your windows inside and out – buyers DO notice!
- Eliminate any odors caused by pets, cooking, cigarette smoke.
- Make sure all tubs, showers and sinks are clean, stain-free and caulked.
- Check your plumbing – no leaks, drips or running toilets.
- De-clutter all rooms and remove any unnecessary furniture. You want your home to feel open and spacious!
- De-clutter and tidy up all closets, basement, attic and other storage areas. Buyers will look!
- Make sure all light bulbs and fixtures are in good working order, and turn them on for showings.
- Clean your carpets and clean/buff any hardwood floors.
- Replace all HVAC filters.
- Open draperies and blinds to let the natural sunlight in.
- Remove all valuables and store them in a safe place.
- Listen to your Realtor® if he/she recommends professional staging for your home!
Showing your Home for Sale – What to Expect When Buyers Come Through
- Realtors with South Charlotte NC home buyers will make appointments with Centralized Showing Service, a call service that manages showings and coordinates feedback
- Make it easy to show your home! It’s an imposition, we know, but crucial in the sales process.
- Remove all pets for showings if possible – some buyers are afraid of or allergic to pets.
- Leave your home during showings! This is critical – buyers will not feel comfortable looking at your home if you are there!
- Understand that some Realtors may run late, cancel the appointment, or be a no-show. Sometimes agents run late because their buyers spend too much time looking at another home, traffic, etc. Be as accommodating as possible!
- When you can, turn on the lights and adjust the temperature for showings to make your home feel inviting.
- Realtors who have shown your South Charlotte home for sale will provide buyer/agent feedback. This is a great opportunity to listen to what buyers are saying about your home and adjust accordingly.
South Charlotte Listing Expert
I’m a South Charlotte Realtor® – I live and work here, and it would be my pleasure to work with you to list your Charlotte home for sale. If you are thinking about selling your South Charlotte home, I would love to share my 21-point marketing plan that combines new technology with good old hard work! If you’re looking to buy a home in South Charlotte, please contact me so we can talk about finding the best home and neighborhood for YOU!
Come have a chat with me at my Helen Adams Realty office in the heart of Ballantyne. I look forward to hearing from you!Melissa Brown, Broker/Realtor® 704-654-9700 (cell) Melissa@MelissaBrownHomes.com Helen Adams Realty 15235-J John J Delaney DR Charlotte, NC 28277
- Pre-Listing Process
- Listing Your South Charlotte Home for Sale
- Pricing it Right – Pricing your home to Sell