[spatialmatch_map id=102 show_title=true width=100% height=650]
Use the Interactive Map Above to refine your search for Providence High School District Homes for sale, OR scroll to bottom of page
Providence High School District Homes for Sale – About the School
Providence High School celebrated its 25th year of excellence with the June 2014 graduation of the class of 2014. Since its opening in 1989, Providence High School has always been among the top-performing public high schools in Charlotte NC. Located in suburban South Charlotte at 1800 Pineville Matthews Road, Charlotte NC 28270, the school is very close to the Arboretum Shopping Center at the intersection of Highway 51 and Providence RD.
Providence High School offers a rigorous academic program, along with competitive athletics and highly touted arts program. Providence is ranked in the top 5% of all comprehensive high schools in the State of North Carolina. Here are a few facts and statistics about Providence High School:
- Providence is a National Blue Ribbon School, the highest recognition available to public schools.
- Offers 24 Advanced Placement (AP) classes. Providence has the highest AP pass rate in Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools (CMS) with 88% of AP students scoring a level 3,4, or 5 on their College Board exams.
- Offers over 50 Honors-level classes in all disciplines.
- Providence has the highest average SAT score in the Charlotte region.
- Charlotte Magazine ranked Providence High School as the region’s best high school in 2009, 2010, and 2011, and 3rd in 2012.
- The class of 2014 (483 graduates) were offered admission at 258 colleges and universities. Students committed to 89 colleges and universities in 26 states and 4 countries.
- The class of 2014 earned a total of 416 scholarships totaling over $18.1 million, the highest amount of scholarship offers in CMS.
- In the 2013-2014, 8 students were National Merit Finalist, and one was named a National Merit Scholar.
- In the graduating class of 2014, 70% of the students will attend a 4 year university. 17% will attend community college, and 13% will enter military service or the workforce.
- 21% of teachers have achieved National Board Certification.
- 52% of Providence’s teachers have a masters degree or higher.
- In 2011-2012, Providence was recognized for the 5th year in a row for being an NC Honor School of Excellence.
- Four different languages are offered, all the way to AP level: Spanish, German, Latin and French.
- Providence offers a wide variety of elective courses in fine arts, debate, NJROTC, creative writing and publications, and career and technical education.
- Numerous opportunities are offered to participate in academic, social and service clubs and organizations, in addition to yearbook, newspaper and Literary Magazine and other extracurricular activities.
Providence High School District Homes for Sale – Athletics
Providence High School has a rich tradition of excellence in sports. A 4A school in the Southwestern conference, Providence football participated in postseason games in 2014. Conference championships were won in 2014 in: men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s cross country, and baseball. The baseball team advanced to the NC state championship and placed 4th. In 1992, 1993, 1997 and 2004, Providence received the North Carolina Wachovia Cup for the best overall athletic program in North Carolina.
Providence High School District Homes for Sale
Providence High School District Real Estate Expert
Providence High School district homes for sale are very sought-after in South Charlotte, NC because this high school is ranked at the top of public high schools year after year. All three of my kids graduated from this high school – and I would be happy to share my family’s experience with Providence High School.
I’m a South Charlotte Realtor® – I live and work here, and it would be my pleasure to help you with your South Charlotte real estate needs. If you are thinking about selling your South Charlotte home, I would love to share my 21-point marketing plan that combines new technology with good old hard work! If you’re looking to buy a home in South Charlotte, please contact me so we can talk about finding the best home and neighborhood for YOU!
Come have a chat with me at our brand new Savvy + Co. Real Estate office in the heart of Ballantyne Village. You’ll soon find out why Savvy just “gets it!” We combine smart real estate with nice people, and what you get is an AWESOME real estate experience! I look forward to hearing from you!Melissa Brown, Broker/Realtor® 704-654-9700 (cell) Melissa@MelissaBrownHomes.com Savvy + Co. Real Estate 14825 Ballantyne Village Way, Suite 165 Charlotte, NC 28277