So you’ve decided that you want/need to move and it’s time to find a helpful listing agent South Charlotte to market your home and get it SOLD! If you are not one of my previous clients and are not aware of the level of service that I provide, I hope you will read on, and that you will contact me so we can discuss your plans and goals for your next move!
I appreciate that today’s Charlotte home sellers have a lot of choices when deciding which Realtor might be the best fit for listing their home. Selling a home is a BIG DEAL, and it’s not for the faint of heart! When dealing with your largest investment, it just makes sense to do your homework and choose a Realtor® who not only has a successful and proven track record, but who is also a good fit, personality-wise.
Listing Agent South Charlotte – Real Estate Commissions 101
Let’s face it, real estate commissions are typically the largest portion of a home seller’s transaction costs. Are they worth it? If you get exceptional service, attention and results – YES!!! Remember, your Realtor doesn’t get paid a dime UNTIL your home sale closes. That commission fee that the seller pays – it gets split a lot of ways. Typically, the fee is split -half and half – between the listing agent’s brokerage, and the buyer agent’s brokerage. Each company takes its own split (to cover overhead, administrative costs, liability insurance, etc.) and then pays the listing agent or buyer agent what’s left. Out of that remaining pot, your South Charlotte listing agent pays for his/her marketing (photographer, videographer, brochures, flyers, open house expenses, website expenses, etc.), signs, MLS fees, supra key fees, taxes, etc. However… not all South Charlotte listing agents provide all of these costly services, and oftentimes, it shows!
Listing Agent South Charlotte – Check Out My Marketing Plan!
So now that you have a better understanding of the real estate commission and where the money goes, you’re still asking – so what do I get for my money when I hire a listing agent South Charlotte? This is a FUNDAMENTAL question, and one that you should ask every Realtor® you interview!
I firmly believe that all of my South Charlotte home sellers deserve to have an exceptional home selling experience, and I am willing to put my money where my mouth is! Here is a sampling of the services that I offer:
- A comprehensive, in-home consultation, which is offered at no cost or obligation to you. I want to find out more about your goals, your time frame, and what makes your home special. I will tour your home and take detailed notes about its features, upgrades, renovations, and any issues that may need to be addressed before going on the market. I will discuss my marketing plan at length, and together we will decide if we are a good fit. I don’t like to discuss pricing at this meeting – it is impossible to give an accurate recommendation on pricing without seeing the home first. Don’t make the mistake of choosing your listing agent in South Charlotte based on whichever Realtor® suggests the highest listing price! If your home is overpriced, it will not sell, costing you both money and time!
- Competitive Pricing – Once we agree to be partners in the sale of your home, we will go over ALL of the market data so that you can make the best possible decision on setting your list price. This will include a thorough review of recent comparable sales in your neighborhood, absorption rate (how fast homes are selling in your area), upgrades or no upgrades and its impact, and showings data (how many buyers are looking at homes in your area/price range). I will interpret the data for you so that you are well-informed. A competitively-priced home usually sells faster and for more money than an overpriced one.
- Pre-Inspection – I strongly encourage all of my sellers to have their home pre-inspected and repairs made BEFORE going on the market. This one suggestion might save your transaction, and it will certainly save you money. 100% of buyers choose to have a home inspection after going under contract. Their home inspector WILL find defects in your home. Some may be minor (caulking, grading, dirty filters, burned out light bulbs), but some may be major (termite or structural damage, failed systems, leaky roof, crawl space/foundation issues). If you find out about these issues BEFORE your buyer does, you can have them addressed on your own time frame, choosing your own contractors. Perhaps the most stressful part of the real estate transaction for home sellers is the home inspection, and fears about what the inspector might find. Discovering problems before you go on the market relieves a LOT of stress! For more information, read my blog post on “What to Expect During your Home Inspection in Charlotte, NC.”
- Curb Appeal – You’ve heard about curb appeal, and you KNOW it when you see it! Home sellers must look at their home through “buyer eyes.” I will help you decide what you need to do to improve your curb appeal. Here’s my recent blog post with lots of helpful tips on achieving great curb appeal.
- Staging – Staging your home is SO important – it’s like the icing on the cake! I work with some very talented professional stagers who know how to present your home in its best light, so that it will appeal to the most buyers. Staging is not a gimmick – it gets homes sold faster and usually for more money! Staging can run the gamut from de-cluttering to re-positioning furniture to neutralizing a very “personal” paint color. Remember that we live in our homes differently from how we sell them. I’ve sold a LOT of houses, and I know what resonates with today’s homebuyers!
- Photography – I can’t say enough about the importance of GREAT photography in selling your home. Think of your photo session as your MOST important home showing – because the photos of your home will be on the Internet, where buyers are looking. If your photos are not professional looking – if they are dark, grainy, crooked or show some irrelevant angle of a room – buyers will PASS. They will not even make an appointment to see your home. I take pride in my professional-quality photography – your home will SHINE! I also make sure to include photos of your neighborhood, schools and nearby lifestyle attractions. Read my blog post about the importance of good photography in real estate!
- Virtual tour and videography – Great videos help sell homes! I will take care of all the details in providing an awesome virtual tour of your home, which will be featured on YouTube – a driving force on the Internet. This video will ensure that your home gets FOUND, and ultimately sells!
- Effective Internet Marketing – If you’re reading this blog post, chances are you Googled a search term and ended up on my site. I put a lot of time and effort into writing about my listings and the great neighborhoods, schools and lifestyle in South Charlotte. One of the most successful parts of my marketing plan is my blog! I will write a blog post about your home and what makes it special, and I will write about why your neighborhood is a great place to live. Buyers WILL find your home this way – and if it’s in great condition, staged well, and competitively priced, it will SELL!
- High quality brochures, postcards and flyers – Once I get buyers in your home to see it, I want them to remember it! That’s why I provide professional quality brochures that tell a story about your house. I want the buyers to see themselves living in your home and remember it!
- Savvy + Co. Real Estate marketing system – My company’s marketing is fresh, high-tech and memorable! Our branding strikes a chord with buyers. Your home will be marketed through our company’s website and e-Flyer system, reaching thousands of Realtors® with buyers, and a broad range of clients and contacts.
Listing Agent South Charlotte NC – Contract to Closing!
If you’ve followed the plan, with competitive pricing, de-cluttering, staging, repairs and curb appeal, then it’s almost a certainty that your home will attract an offer. There are so many factors to consider in a compelling offer, and I will help you work through the details and negotiate on your behalf until you are satisfied. Those important factors are not only price, but timing and dates, earnest money and due diligence money, and conditions and contingencies. Part of my job is to discover as much as I can about your buyer and his/her ability to complete the transaction.
After signing the contract, there are new hurdles to clear. Your home must appraise! I will provide a packet for the appraiser so that he/she will have all the information necessary to generate an accurate appraisal. This is key, because if your home doesn’t appraise, the sales price must be re-negotiated. Your home buyers will likely have a home inspection(s) to determine its condition and any problems/defects. If you’ve already had your home pre-inspected and repaired, then this process is not stressful. The buyers may ask you to make repairs – it is my job to help you understand the repair requests, get estimates, and respond to the buyers so that both sides are comfortable.
I will keep in contact with the buyer agent and the the buyers’ lender, to make sure that the mortgage process is progressing in a timely manner. If there are glitches, we will all work together to make sure that we get to the closing table on time.
Listing Agent South Charlotte- I’m Ready to Work for YOU!
I hope my blog post has given you a better understanding of what I bring to the table as your listing agent South Charlotte! If you’re thinking about selling your home, I would love to talk to you about the process and hear more about what you’re trying to accomplish. Contact me today and we’ll set up a time to get together and discuss your options. Happy Selling!
Melissa Brown, ABR, SFR
Savvy + Co. Real Estate
14825 Ballantyne Village Way, Suite 165
Charlotte, NC 28277